2 month old and cold....

I have a 2 month old who is very stuffy and congested.... What can i do for him???

kristianmommy

Asked by kristianmommy at 3:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• saline drops and a bulb syringe.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• you can run a steam bath, basically a hot shower but just sit with him in the bathroom, not in the tub. put a wedge under his mattress to help him sleep slightly elevated. many people swear by putting vapor-rub on a babies feet then putting socks on over it but i've never actually tried it. my baby was about 3m when she got her first cold. aside from vapor-rub, these other things were all doctor-recommended for me. also, keep suctioning out the mucus. unfortunately, at this age all you can really do is try to make him comfortable until the cold passes on it's own. do speak with his pediatrician, who can give you specific recommendations based on your son's health and needs.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 3:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• the syringe and saline is the only thing at that age i know of. i use saline on myself it gets you better faster by getting that crap outta you
    fun3oo

Answer by fun3oo at 3:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• syringe bulb is all I used with my kids. To young for things like baby rubs or cold medicine. MIght check with a doctor about a hymidifer on at night.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• saline drops and a hunidifier at night
    mymommasgirl

Answer by mymommasgirl at 5:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011