Looking for at home work ideas

I'm a stay at SAHM with two kids. I used to work outside the home, but retail kept me away an awful lot. Now that I am back at home, I would still like to bring in my own income. I'm looking for a few ideas that might point me in the right direction. Google has been a little overwhelming. Writing has seemed like a viable option. Still I want to see what other avenues are out there. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Raey84

Asked by Raey84 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Imagine having your own retail shop that was open whenever you wanted it open? That's kind of what a home business is...you are your own boss and set your own schedule. I started a business a few years ago with Arbonne and have never looked back. I pick my nights when I want to get out, and earn a lucrative income. My business is actually open all the time. I am constantly running into people who are interested in my products, and then I schedule a time that is convenient for me and my family. There are many things out there, if I can help you in any way, please let me know. Good luck and best wishes.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am an Independent Chocolatier if you want any information on that just feel free to email me at my website....www.dove-chocolate-discoveries.com/jessicatemple
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I work from home online and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3½ year old son, and 2 year old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms who specialize in helping each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! We have free training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Work at Home CEOs!
    Helping Families Achieve Their Goals Since 1999!
    Visit my website to get all the details.
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.facebook.com/likeinternetceomoms

We are the largest group working from Home online!

mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Have you thought about eBay?  I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my Blog when you have time at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with small business marketing and medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• There are tons of websites and books dedicated to ideas for working from home. There are even a few monthly magazines such as "Small Business opportunity magazine" and "Home Based Businesses" and a few others, you can always go to B&N get a coffee or tea and sit and read and take notes.

There are also direct selling companies, if you decide you want to go that route pick something that you have an interest in and will enjoy selling. For example don't sell Pampered Chef if you hate to cook, or don't sell Avon if you don't wear makeup or perfume.

I'm big on losing weight and getting healthy, when I started Insanity and learned you could be a coach (rep) for the company, Beachbody, I signed up within a few days, lol. For me it's the perfect fit, and I've been with 6 different companies before finding this one.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• With retail experience, you would be perfect for a home business! Have you check out Scentsy? It is wickless candles and has been amazing for me! Easy to sell and recruit. You can check it out at www.wicklesswithnickless.com
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 1:34 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Thanks for all your help ladies. I will look into a these and see if any fit. You've all been a great help!
    Raey84

Comment by Raey84 (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• zanderandbella- you are promoting a retail site- you will get kicked off. You must go to the SCENTSY.COM site, and choose a consultant in your area to get you started. With almost 200,000 consultants, you should know you'll get caught! You should know better!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I've talke I conplaince about it. For recruiting, we can use our websites. For product selling, it's different.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 9:15 PM on Jun. 19, 2011