snoring dog

My boyfriend has just recently moved in with me and he brought his dog with him. I have no problem with her being here but at night she snores and pants in her sleep, she is a pretty big dog and when she pants she shakes the entire bed. Some nights it is so bad that i have to go sleep out on the couch. What can do to get her to stop?

SaraNicole715

Asked by SaraNicole715 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pets

• I would be telling my BF, that the dog is not sleeping in the bedroom any more. If he has a problem with that I would tell him and his dog to move back out. If he is going to take the dogs side over you the relationship will not work anyways

Answer by louise2 at 10:19 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you can't get her to stop the panting is their way of cooling off and the snoring well i have always had big dogs and they all snored louder then any one else the only thing you can do is have the dog sleep in another room
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Ew, I hate animals on furniture first off, lol.
    But yes, I would tell him that the dog isn't sleeping with you anymore, you need sleep at night more than that dog! She can sleep whenever she wants, haha.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Is she over weight? The amount of panting she is doing in her sleeps sounds like she may have a weight problem...that could also cause a lot of the snoring problems as well. (same as in humans) I would check into that before I banned her from the bedroom...if though she is just a loud snoring dog, I guess she would have to have a bed some place down the hall.. GOOD luck...both with the live in situation and the dog ;o)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I should have named my dog Pig...She looks like a pig, snores like a pig, grunts when she eats like i pig, she's a pig!!!! (shes a pit/american bull dog mix) she drives me nuts! but i know theres nothing i can do about it because she has such a short snout...tell your bf if shes gonna sleep in your room, you're gonna crate her..that or she can sleep in another room. it's your house, not the dogs.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:17 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• I know my dog snores if she hadn't gotten any exercise that day. How often does he take his dog out to be exercised. That could help.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 3:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008

• Our male ShisTzu snores. I like ot hear him snore. He sounds like my husband when he snores.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:37 PM on Dec. 13, 2008