Am i the only one? hope not...

Thats gets so irritable and frustrated with my 2 year old on almost a daily bases about something?! Part of it is his stubborn personality that gets to me but part of it is him just being 2 but it gets me to the point of i just want to yell at him to see if it helps....i hate that i yell but I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yelling probably scares him dont you think? I'm not saying I've never done it, or never will again, but you do it all the time? I get impatient with my kids sometimes, but I cool down and its fine. Maybe some kind of parenting class is a good idea?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• lol.....you are totally normal! About a bazillion moms will say that they never yell at their kids......yea right. A long time ago a mom was so upset that she yelled at her child for the first time. I was like...wow....you must be a saint or something. :) I don't like yellinng at my son either, but it happens once in a while.....esp when I am home more. I def need a break. Is there a way for you to get a little you tone to refocus and calm down???
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 3:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We've all been there! At that age, they really try your patience! I think if you yell all the time, they eventually get immune to it or they become scared of you ... maybe both! Remember, they're learning, everything's new. It takes a lot of patience and guidance, it won't always be like this. At that age when they're throwing their little tantrums you have to redirect their attention. You first deal with the situation then redirect! That way they learn right from wrong. Everyone always says "terrible 2's" I found out it was "3!" Good luck and give yourself breaks if possible, none of us are perfect parents!

anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Ummmmm....no, you're not the only one. My daughter drives me crazy on a daily basis. She is definitely TESTING her boundaries. She'll ask for something and if I say I don't have it...she just keeps asking over and over and over. This child does not take no for an answer. She's about to turn 3 and she is a little ball breaker!! I can't wait for this phase to end.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You are NORMAL anyone says they do not or have never yelled at their children are lying. We all do it....I do believe that when we do yell it probably scares them as it was posted earlier...So just try and take a break if possible or drive his or her attention to something else so they do not make you yell at them...I know easier said than done when you are mad but remember YOU should be the one in charge of the situation not them..good luck
    nana0128

Answer by nana0128 at 7:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011