Any one else pay check to pay check?

We are,I was wondering how common it is to live like this. I hate it.

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 3:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• pretty much,yeah

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• who isn't these days?
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• shoot.sometimes we don't even make it to the next paycheck.Its sad,just sad.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yup, that's how we are...
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 3:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It really depends for us, some months if an unexpected expense comes up it definitely takes a few months of paycheck to paycheck until we catch back up. Doctor bills, car accidents, property tax increases....on top of the activities for the kids (which for the kids I don't mind but it adds up)....my year has sucked big time so far.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 3:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Oh we most certainly are. Its really hard because we dont have room for error at all.Its really sad and wish we could do better for the family.
    Shortma197

Answer by Shortma197 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• There are months were we barely make it. Or don't. It's scary. We hate it. But we have cut back where we can and try to save.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's common.
    We do occasionally have to dip into our savings these days.
    I have most definitely seen the days when this was very common for us though and I DO NOT miss them that's for sure.
    I hated not having a safety net more than I hated doing without so many(necessary) things and I vowed I would never be there again although, there are no guarantees, still. Illness, accidents, job loss, death....no guarantees. I keep lots of insurance so I will never worry like that again though. I hated it THAT much.

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Definitely. And it sucks. It seems like anytime we get some extra money and think we might get ahead an unexpected expense comes up like needing work on the car or whatever. I wonder if it will ever change.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• heck yes!
    mitchellb

Answer by mitchellb at 4:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011