Is it bad to miss the days i never had?

Well growing up i had the most strict parents out of all my friends. In high school i was super busy. In the morning I had marching band then there was school and after school i worked till close and started all over the next day. I never really hung out with my friends as in going to the movies, parties, sleep overs or even just going to the mall. So when i graduated i moved out and got a little taste of what i was missing in High School. Well i got married about nine months after graduating and ten months later i was pregnant. I am 22 now and cant help but look and envy all my friends or even the Ppl on tv. Is it right for me to feel this way?

Shortma197

Asked by Shortma197 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is very normal for you to feel this way, you did not experience it.....

Answer by older at 3:44 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's not bad to miss the days you never had, but make sure that you don't spend so much time thinking about them that you miss out on enjoying the days that you DO have!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Seems normal. Freela has a point!
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 3:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well...it sounds like you made trades for those 'good ole days', even when you were IN the "good ole days". Everyone likes to reminisce and wish though. No, I don't think there's anything wrong in missing days you didn't get to experience. It's wishful thinking I guess. Everyone looks back and regrets something , something they did do, something they didnt do....it's human nature to never be satisfied with what we have or had though, we all wish for something sometime. JMO though.
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 3:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Freela makes a good point- you don't get a do over of the past, and you also don't get a do over of the present so try to live in the moment. And because you missed out on some things in high school, you might be romanticizing it all a bit and imagining it to be better than it really would have.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011