How can I get to sleep sooner w/o taking medicine???

OK since I've returned to work F/T, I can't seem to sleep w/o taking some type of medicine. I don't want to become depended on anything I want to be able to go to sleep naturally. Any advice will be greatly appreciated & thanks in advance your opinion &/ advice means so much to me =o)

~*~Holli~*~

MsWood729

Asked by MsWood729 at 10:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Health

• I'm in the same boat girl!!! I have been up since 930 yest'd and i took a hour nap at lunch with my kiddo. I was on Ambien but I want to know WHY i can't sleep. Not take something forever to sleep. I dont want to be 50 and still taking it. Im out of my RX and I cant getin to see my doc for 2 weeks.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 10:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• bathand body has this body wash that is great it's called sleep -black camomile i take a shower or bath and thos stuff rocks me to sleep it's great....i also drink chaomile tea at night make it hot with a lil sugar and it is good and puts you to sleep the natural way they also have sleey time at the store it is good try any of these and i promiss a good night sleep is heaed your way.
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Take a nice warm bath, and lay down soon after, an hour or so before you'd normally go to bed and you may fall asleep by that time. that's what I've done. or try really hard to avoid naps.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 10:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I have no clue but when you find out let me know. LOL! I have to take a sleep aid because of Rodney's snoring....if I don't I don't get no sleep. BUT, it's an herb and all natural so it's not addicting or anything and best of all you can get it really cheap right off the Walmart shelf in pharmacy! :)
    jandyrodax

Answer by jandyrodax at 11:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Sometimes just taking a warm shower (the shower should relax you) and drink milk works!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 12:43 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• If you have alot on your mind it might be hard to go to bed!
    businesswife1

• There is a supplement you can buy called Melotonin. It's completely natural, it's what your body produces at night that makes you sleepy. Your body just isn't producing it. This works wonders!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:35 PM on Dec. 12, 2008