What is it with rude people at the grocery ? vent

I was at the grocery store this morning getting my shopping done for the week. I have 7 children living with me and my DH (3 are my sisters children, she is in the hospital for 6 weeks, back surgery with complications) so yes, I had 3 baskets full of groceries (brought my 2 oldest with me). The woman behind me was so rude, she kept huffing and puffing about how long it was taking (this was the only line open besides the 10 items or less ones). Yes, I used coupons, which got her even more mad. I am NOT an extreme couponer but when you but 2 times the amount you usually do, you are going to want to use every coupon you can. I walked away with $400 worth of food for about $125 so I guess I shouldn't care what people think but why does ANYONE have the right to act like a 3 year old? If you don't like getting behind people with a lot of stuff, buy your stuff 10 items at a time and use the speedy checkout!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Some people are just like that. I don't let stupid people like that bother me anymore. I am a proud user of coupons, and enjoy saving money. If I have a large amount of coupons, I generally warn the person behind me that it might take a bit, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree, and maybe she should shop at a different time of the day damnit
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 3:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• congratulations on your bargains!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I swear sometimes I think people have vinegar for breakfast! don't let it bother you though, you are a smart cookie!

Answer by older at 3:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Good job on the savings, screw her.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The lady needs to go huff and puff at the store manager, they need more open lanes. You were being a smart shopper and she had no right to act like that. I can't believe how mauch you saved, I think you just converted me to a coupon user.
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 4:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Thanks, usually, I don't use so many coupons (though I will now). But with 3 extra mouths to feed (that are 11, 13 and 16 year old boy mouths) I HAVE to. But I will be doing all the coupons I can from now on!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• she may not have been mad at you, she may have been annoyed that their weren't any other check outs open for people with over 10 items and she may have felt the cashier was slow. I know when I have my two with me and my youngest (6 months) starts to get cranky I can start to feel annoyed when I only see a limited amount of check outs open with a line of people with huge carts.. I wouldn't have taken it like it was personal unless she directed it to you directly
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have been that bitch and even the self checkout lines were blocked off and all I had was a water and a protien bar the lady in front of us had four carts. There was one register open so that added to my frustration managers and other people standing around maybe she thought they should have stepped up sometimes its just a bad day.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would have just turned around and smiled and said "that made my day, I just saved $, how about you?
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 7:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011