Can she do this?

My Dh and SIL have POA over FILs estate. When he went into the home everyone said they didn't want to live in his house, so we decided to move in and fix up the home that hasn't been repaired in years. She was showing up uninvited saying she had the right to. We legally reside here! She's only doing it to rub n her POA which seems childish. I've told her I don't want to see her.Shes mean, catty and abusive. I have told her to leave us alone, and stay away from my family! She won't stop! I called the police, they said to file a restraining order. Is this going to help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, even if she still shows up, you can call the police and she will be arrested for breaking the order.

Answer by older at 4:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• She is a co-owner of the property? If so, I am not sure there is anything that you can do. I would contact an attorney.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• How is it yours legally? Do you have a lease or something? If they have POA and you have no lease or contract to be there, legally she could tell you to leave now and you'd have to
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 4:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If you legally live there then I would say you have the right to keep her out. I wonder about maybe buying her out of the house if you can. That way you guys legally own it.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Some of you didn't read all the details. She does not own this house. We legally reside in this house. We pay all the bills, in our name! She can't throw us out HELLO! My husband has the same POA she does!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I think some of you don't know the difference between ownership and residence. Look it up.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• But are you a legal resident, or did you just decide to move in? Are you paying the owner rent? Is there an agreement with the owner? If the owner can't sign an agreement, then the POA would need to sign it, ALL of them.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Not to mention the lawyers know about this and it's in writing.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• What is in writing, an actual rental agreement. Or that you get the house in the will. Because the will is not enacted yet.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The POA Helped us move in. The OWNER of the house asked US to move in. Our legal address is here. All of the utilities are in our name.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011