Any one else use the boys and girls club?

It has been our only source of entertainment. Do you have a good one near you or a YMCA? My kids go for drop in play time and have been loving it!

momthruivf

Asked by momthruivf at 4:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• My son loves it. He goes to the after school program during the school year and to the summer camp during the summer.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• my parents sent me n my brother when we were little and we HATED IT i will never send my child but im sure there are good ones out there
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My kids did go to ours (5 yrs ago) and I was NOT pleased with it at all! They do not supervise the kids very well, pick up time was 5pm, and at 4:55pm when I was driving over to pick up my kids I saw them WALKING Home along a very busy road- I was beyond Pissed!!! My kids went on a 'field trip' with B/G club to a water park, the kids were not supervised, someone stole my son's shirt, towel and sunscreen bottle and my kids came home with horrible sun burns (guess the 'supervisors' on the trip did not bother to put sunscreen on my kids- even though I sent it with and requested they use it.)
    So I would never ever send my kids back to that place again!!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I did my inteternship in college at one
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i did my practicum for college at a summer program run by the boys&girls club/salvation army and it was the best! my kids arent old enough to go yet but when they get older i'll let them go.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i use to work for the boys and girls club when i was in college during the sumemr camp. i loved it. it was so organized and fun and the kids had a great time. there is none near me or ymca near me so i can;t send my little one but it was a good experience to work for them.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011