What is a good rountine for me to get used to my daughters day spport hours

Ladies I need help my daughter is 18 and handicapped she started a day support program this week will be going Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays 8 to 12p.m the van picked her up yesterday 7:25 came back at 12:40 I got up yesterday morning 5 :10 she can be slow, I have a lot to do the night before I got her lunch to pack and make sure everything is right.

Mornings got to wash her up dressed etc then medcations I would like to get her bath or wash up out the way at night but she wont sleep late of days and sometimes takes a nap other times wont which really does not help me then I am tired and can barely move like now I got to get up and cook and wish I didn't mind you her lunch has to be packed what is a good time to cook on days my boyfriend doesn't its going on 4:10 and I am so tired and sleeply I wont to be in bed at seven I could go now for real.

We are out of sorts to she had to stop school due to seizures and be homeschooled which ended last Thursday that was Tuesdays and Thursdays 4 to 6.m. Saturdays 9 to 2p.m. so what can I do I mean from dealing with her getting up early and I be bone dead tired dont wont to do anything to making things easier for mornings I dont wont her to start missing so soon she missed Monday had a sty on her eye she went yesterday Brittany has Downe's Syndrome and in March started having seizures

blessed4918

Asked by blessed4918 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Have you give it a thought about obtaining a home-health-aid for your daughter or maybe obtaining a nurse someone who would assist your daughter during the times you are referring. You shouldn't be doing all by yourself. You need a break. Your daughter needs you well and sound!
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Only you truly know what a good routine is. This is YOUR daughter and you know what it takes to get her up and moving and what it takes to get her out the door, ready to go.

I agree with the above poster - you should look into what kind home health aid you might qualify for.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• Make a index card listing each thing that needs to be completed.
    Then arrange and rearrange until they work for you and your daughter.
    Because of the situation, flexibility is going to be essential.
    Be patient and take care of yourself.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:38 AM on Jun. 18, 2011

• You should be able to apply for relief so you can get some time to yourself.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• Oh wow you need another person to help you! That is too much! Here is a link to a website that can direct you towards financial aid if you cannot afford a home/health aid for your daughter www.helphandicap.org

As for right now, call a friend or family member to give you some immediate relief and let them just play with her for a little bit. If something happens, they will wake you up. Just inform them on warning signs or explain things that are easy. 2-3 hours rest will do you good. See if they can come by a couple times for a week. Also, enlist your boyfriend's help or a friend to pre-prepare all your meals and all her lunch bags for the whole week. Buy things that require little effort for now.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 4:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2011

• I know what you are going thru,I have a multi handicapped 15YO son. B/C of his age and living with both parents he is not able to have any outside help(such as an aide)Also not medically necessary. When school was in session after I got DS on bus I would o back to sleep. Just as when he was a baby now taht summe ris here I sleep when he sleeps,DH and I take turns sleeping.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 3:16 AM on Jun. 21, 2011