I'm scared he's forcing himself to love me for our son...

We have not been happy in our relationship for a very long time, and recently decided to take some time for ourselves and figure out what we each want. When he asked me what I wanted, I told him that I want to be happy with him, and I want our son to have 2 happy, loving parents. He told me that he wants to try and work on things, but I'm afraid he's only doing it because he doesn't want to leave his son the way his father left him, and that ultimately we will still be unhappy. How can I tell if he really wants to be with me, for not just our son, but for ME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• See if he will do counseling with you. And you can also tell him how you feel and see what he says.
    Sithpadawans

Answer by Sithpadawans at 4:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I did tell him, and he says he's not but I'm not convinced because I don't think he'd tell me that was the only reason, because then he'd think that I'd leave him for good. Counseling is a good idea, thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• BUMP
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011