Am I the only one that saw this coming?? (coupons)

I used coupons religiously before this show Extreme couponing came out. When I first saw a commercial about this show. I thought "oh no" now everyone is gonna go crazy and stores are going to change coupon policies and make way harder, and companies that put out coupons are not going to be releasing really good coupons anymore. I already see it happening. Coupons are not as good anymore. And every grocery store changed their coupon policies. One store stopped doubling coupons all together. Another one wont take more than 10 coupons per purchase. Another store only doubles 3 coupons per visit, and youre not allowed to split up into different transactions. its littereally 3 coupons per VISIT. My girlfriend that works at a grocery told me that when a coupon comes out that will make certain item free or nearly free, they put a liminted amount on the shelf and the staff is told to tell customers if they ask, to tell them they are sold out and wont have anymore untill next week. Am I the only one that saw this coming??? If you coupon, have you noticed changes??

leksismommy

Asked by leksismommy at 4:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Shopping

• so far so good at my local Kroger, they are still doubling, but they do limit to 3 like coupons per transaction and have for a while
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have noticed changes. But I don't understand why the stores are freaking out. The stores are reimbursed the face value of the coupon plus usually 8 cents. Wal-Mart has greatly improved their coupon policy now.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I don't understand why stores are freaking out either. They get reimbursed for it all.

No stores double in my area, sometimes we get doubling coupons, but that's it. I have noticed stores are changing their policies, but none of it has really affected me because I'm' not an "extreme" couponer.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm not surprised. I really don't get this extreme coupon madness. It's crap in a box, can, bag, etc. that they are buying. Food hoarding IMO.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I coupon now and then but I just think the people on this show are loopy. I've only seen two episodes so maybe I can't make a judgement based on that but the only one that made any sense were the ones that gave away the excess food to charity. Other than that, I can't see why someone would think it's a great buy for 48 bottles of mustard. But anyway, I had thought the same thing as you. Hopefully it can come to a reasonable balance.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My Logli store has not really changed any coupon policies-- they still double coupons (55cent ones and under), although they do limit coupons to 3 of the same coupons per item...... Like if I had 5 mustard coupons I could only use 3 of them. You can have assorted coupons and I do not think they have a limit on how many of those you can use.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I used to live in a different state. The store sales and the coupons coincided each week. You could get some awesome deals. The didn't allow coupons printed from online because there were too many "fake" ones out there.

The store I shop at here doesn't double coupons, and the coupons we get here are not as great (old state - $1.00 coupons, new state - $.50 coupons) so most of the time I just don't bother.
    Anonymous

• yup -- also look at the bottom of your coupon and some now state limit 4 (or whatever) coupons per transaction... just one of those things that was bound to happen I suppose...

I don't like the hoarding aspect of extreme couponing so that's why I don't care for the show but of course -- it was bound to happen.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 4:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Im not an extreme couponer or a food hoarder either, that show is rediculous. I just use them every time I go to the store
    leksismommy

Comment by leksismommy (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It was bound to happen because stores still have to make a profit.
    lauralivivy

Answer by lauralivivy at 4:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011