The racist right?

Shelby Steel. Regarding the lefts abuse of Black America. "The payoff for liberals is they get to parade their racial virtue and show themselves free of racism. Never mind that this willingness to hold blacks to a lower standard in everything from speech to educational achievement itself smacks of racism. What else does this condescension signify, if not the assumption of inferiority?"

And of course keeping blacks awash in victimhood garners votes for the left politicians.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 4:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• You mean the liberals, of whom the leader is a black man?
    Anonymous

• Well, when progressives hold people like Margaret Sanger up, high on a pedestal, even though she endorsed Black Genocide and minority population control..... Rev. Wright? Can be embraced by the President of the United states as someone who is as close to Obama as a FAMILY member.... Until it is revealed he is a racist.... Then Obama creates, "separation"..... But it is the right who is evil...
    Harry Reid can make racist statements.... And get a free pass.... So many examples... The point is clear....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If they are dumb enough to get awashed and let themselves be voting tools and get taken advantage of, why not??
    Anonymous

• I don't like blanket statements that people in this or that party are all racist (unless we're talking obvious racially driven organizations with superiority issues a-la black panthers, kkk, etc).

But I will definitely agree that some policies and political programs have some nasty racial assumptions and undertones.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm.Maybe I am more conservative than any of us thought? :-)
    I know I am middle of the road,though.All that stuff that was mentioned doesn't sound good to me,Grly.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

I know I am middle of the road,though.All that stuff that was mentioned doesn't sound good to me,Grly

I am beginning to think you are. Come out of the closet, it is safe.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I don't think the left has ANY room to talk where racism is concerned...unless of course they are using the new definition and that makes real racism meaningless.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• minnesotanice, it must be hard to be you sometimes...I mean that sincerely. :) You have many conservative values..some of which are dear to me and reading your answers about those reminds me a lot of how my mom raised us.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 5:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's a shame but it's the truth...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'll just say, as soon as any comment/question uses the word racist in conjunction with right, left, liberal or conservative, I immediately stop reading.

Just sick to death of the entire notion-

If a female is elected will the masses suddenly turn to a different "ist" or "ism" ? God help us-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011