Current SAHM starting work next year and needing tips on picking a good daycare

Hey currently I'm a SAHM but next year I'm starting a job as a dance instructor for Gold's Gym. I'm a little nervous because I have not spent that much time away from my son in a day before. My son is almost eight months old. I need good tips on what to look for in a daycare, what questions I should ask etc. Please help :)

tcross

Asked by tcross at 10:25 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Religious or not the church daycares around here seem to be the best from what I hear.
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 10:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Take the time to find the right one. You have many options. Centers, church day-cares, in-home care, care in your own home. Research your options and find the one that is best for you. I chose in home care and feel it's best for Sidney. Some people prefer a center environment. Meet the providers, understand their daily schedule and above all...TRUST YOUR INSTINCT. If it's cheaper but something doesn't feel right, don't leave your baby there. God gave us mother's instincts for a reason.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• take time to do your research. the first time my son went to day care was when he was about 9 or 10 months. i picked one that was super close (as in across the street) from my work. pick one that has enough people to children.
    i have a new job and a new day care now. it costs me a little more, but i love it more! it has a learning/school part for when he's older (they start at two) and i love that you can't wear your shoes inside and that you have to get through 2 locked doors before they let you in. and that if they don't know you (mother or not) they will ask for your ID. i also love they feed him breakfast, lunch, and a snack. be choosey!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 9:04 PM on Dec. 12, 2008