Relentlessly looking for work, but no responses

I've already been through a nine month effort to find a job before (before being laid off). I had applied online, in person, and by agencies. Now that I'm laid off again little over a month ago at a part time job (hoping to work up to a full-time position before the deathly word "cutbacks" was uttered), I've been applying almost every day with several applications a day. Within my own gut feeling, I feel that I should have already been hired, and if I wait, this wait is going to last another nine months or longer. I have even applied at fastfood restaurants, and still I'm not employed.

I am a pro at interviews because I've been through training and lots of experience. I know every move basically of the job hunt, including networking. Many people know who I am from the job previous from the last that I had. But they say that they don't know anything. Frustrating.

I know that I will have to eventually move. I plan on moving to Texas into housing that I can stay until I saved enough to live on my own. My daughter is in college, so I don't have any dependents to worry about.

Question- Is it rational to say if I have been through this experience before and seeing that same old same old, that I really need to make a change for better opportunity before my deferment time runs out (and that the odds at where I'm at are really counting against me)?

Seriously, I have been looking for jobs but I cannot help to feel that I will not get one because of my past experiences of this area and that through all my recent efforts, I seem to see a pattern.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• I do career and job search coaching. Send me a message if you would like to chat

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I feel you...I have been out of work since January of this year. No interviews No calls nothing! Good luck!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I was like that. I spent two years looking for a job. I am amazing at interviews but there are soooo many people out of work that I am literally fighting about 100 applicants at places like taco bell or McDonalds. There is just not enough jobs for the people :(.
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 1:29 AM on Jun. 17, 2011