Worried about my weight...

Im 5'6 and weighed 118 before I was pregnant now Im 8 months along and only weigh 130. I posted a pic and had people guess how far along I was and everyone guessed about 4-5 months. Some people tell me I should just enjoy being small and be thankful that I didnt gain a whole lot of weight but in the back of my mind I just worry about the risks of not gaining enough weigh for a healthy baby. Anyone else go through this or know someone one like this...?
Thank you :0)

lil_momma_vdv

Asked by lil_momma_vdv at 4:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You gained a healthy amount. Not all women gain a ton of weight. I am a small figured woman and only gained about 15 pounds with each pregnancy.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• As long as you have been getting enough good nutritious food to stay satisfied, I wouldn't worry too much. Remember that for centuries, women gave birth to perfectly healthy babies before the rule of "30 lbs" was around...and still do in 3rd world countries. In all likelihood, your baby is just fine and you will leave thinner than you started.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If your doctor is not worried than it should be ok. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and I've only gained 3-5 lbs and my doc is doing an ultrasound on monday to make sure that baby id fine because of my weight gain or well lack there of. Every one is different. 15 - 30 lbs is a normal amount of weight to gain when pregnant.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011