Doesn't it suck that everyone wants to get paid but your left with NOTHING!!!

By the time EVERYTHING gets paid there is not much left :(
I tell my dh let's take out 20, 50 or maybe even 100 and put away (I know we can save that way if he don't see it he can't spend it) I am the opposite I can see money and hold on to it for emergencies. I CANNOT get him to do this with me... Ugh!!! It is so frustrating. I don't want to do this behind his back but damn besides how would I do this?
Thanks ladies just venting...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• mine can't either, that's why I was forced to save without telling him. There have been many times that my saved money has saved us!
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 4:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I do the same thing. If he was to find out it would be gone in no time flat. I feel ya".
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My DF is the same way. Here's want works for us.
    He cashes his check (because we do EVERYTHING in cash) and gives me the money.
    I take $100 for grocery
    $70 for him (this is used for cigarettes, food and those damn energy drinks!)
    $55 for his gas
    $25 for car insurance
    Then extra expenses (things like haircuts, sports fees, shoes/clothing ect. )
    Then $100 is put into savings and whatever is left gets put into "Family Fun"
    He knows I put money into savings, but as long as he has what he needs for the week (he gets paid weekly), he doesn't gripe and doesn't ask questions. I say, as long as he's got what he needs and the bills are paid, beyond telling him that you're putting money in savings, you don't need to talk about it. Unless he asks of course, then my policy is to be honest about it.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If you can do it without him knowing about it you should. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• just save it behind his back, he will thank you later, if the money is needed later. the more you save the better. best of luck.
    grandma-lety

Answer by grandma-lety at 5:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The specialist tell you to pay yourself first .
    anniems62

Answer by anniems62 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would save behind his back. The worst that is going to happen is that he finds out you have a nest egg...and that probably won't happen until there is an emergency that forces you to tell him you have a savings to cover an expense...how pissed could he possibly be at that point?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Start rolling change!! That's how I left my abusive ex-husband! He'd control all the money, so I'd take all the change and roll it. In 6 months I had over $400!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2011