My grandson cries when i hold him.

My daughter has a 2 1/2 month old beautiful baby boy, i love my grandson very much, and at first he was fine, but know he just cries when i hold him. i used to spend time with him, like when she would to the gym, ect.....but know she cant leave him with me. and i'm bothered by it.

grandma-lety

Asked by grandma-lety at 5:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Both my sons were the same way. Around a month old they ONLY wanted Mommy or Daddy. It got better around 6 months old and now my first son is 3 and he LOVES his Grammie. He even has a little happy dance when he sees her. :)
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 5:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Give him some time. The world is all so new to him and he probably feels safer when he's with his momma. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Dont feel so hurt early on they prefer mommy and daddy but they grow out of it, just keep trying :)
    SarahLynn1985

Answer by SarahLynn1985 at 10:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yes, but it was ok at first, how can it be ok at first? and now he just cries.
    grandma-lety

Comment by grandma-lety (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• my daughter done the same thing, sing some of the same songs that his mom sings, find out a new way to calm him that is just special for you too-my daughter learned that rocking and listeningto my grandmother hum was soothing. i myself would be the same way to my grandmother but now that i am older she is one of my dearest friends so dont fret on it being something that is lasting it will pass and you will have a unquie and special bond with him:)
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 2:01 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• At first he was probably a sleepy little guy, so he wasn't too concerned with the world as long as he was being fed and sleeping. Now that he;s more aware of his world he will want his mama more for a little while. It gets better I promise.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2011