Should I make the appointment for him?

My husband agreed to go have his testosterone tested. He said that it makes him feel like less of a man, but when I explained that I have felt like less of a woman for years now due to his lack of libido, and that I wanted to rule out medical reasons for it before moving on to other solutions, he agreed to go. He is very VERY uncomfortable even talking to me about it and I can tell it really upsets him.

I asked if me making the appointment would help. He said it probably would, but that he still doesn't want to do it.

I'm really worried about him. I worry that if he does have low testosterone that it will cause other health problems. He's only 25, and has had low libido since he was 19. Sometimes so low that we would go a whole month (when we were both flippin teenagers) without sex. He is still totally cool with it being 10 days or 2 weeks, and honestly just doesn't think about sex hardly ever. We usually have sex more often than that, but if it were up to him we wouldn't.

Even though I am worried about his health, I hate to force him to do this. I see how distressed he is talking to me about it and I don't want to hurt him... but I also don't want to allow it to cause health problems if that's what this is, nor do I want to live the rest of my life not ever feeling wanted.

So, even though it makes him incredibly uncomfortable and makes him feel like less of a man... do I call and make this appointment for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• Sure, why not if he already agreed to it. GL
    retent

Answer by retent at 11:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011