How warm/cool should a bottle be?

Okay ladies. I am making my first bottles today. I just switched my daughter to formula and have never prepared a bottle before. How warm should the bottle be? Is it okay if it is still a bit cool? HELP!

BlandBaby

Asked by BlandBaby at 5:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The best way to test the temp is on the bottom side of your wrist/forearm, since this skin is pretty sensitive. Basically, you will want it at a warm temp, close to what you would use if you were, say, washing your hands.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• what i use to do was get the hot water from the faucet put it in a cup then put the bottle in it for a bit, then test it on the palm of your hand, if it feels good, not to cold or hot then its good to go. hope that helps you.
    grandma-lety

Answer by grandma-lety at 5:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• you want it warm, but not hot.. test on the inner part of your wrist.. you'll know if it's too hot .

If it's too cold baby might not like it because they are use to warmer milk from their mothers breastmilk.. (although some babies that didn't breastfeed long end up liking colder formula like my first dd, lol, she loves cold foods, even at 3 she won't eat anything unless it's cold).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011