$40 left for a whole week!!! HELP

So I just checked my account and an old medical bill was sent to collections and they took it out of my acct. So that leaves me $40 to last one freaking week with 4 kids 2 teens and myself! We live in a really rural area without a walmart, costco, winco or anything we have one grocery store for 70 miles! Any ideas on what I can do to make it work? I seriously want to cry! Not to mention my stupid land rover only gets like 15 miles to the gallon and I have to drive 15 miles each way to work each day! UGH
I am nervous to tell dH that this happend he is away working out of town and we have seperate accounts I have NO access to his accounts and in order for me to get any money from him he would have to wire it to me. IDK how much money he has but I think he is broke too because he just paid bills! I am so sick of this shit he says we dont have savings because of me but, seriously he is in control and we have 0 in savings!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Find a local food bank? Check with some local churches?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• try a store like aldi's and try to get as many coupons as possible.. get just necessities and check online for recipe finders (you can type in your ingredients and it'll give you a list of different recipes you can do with what you have).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• try a food bank or local church. Or wise cheap foods for the week. things like mac and cheese, sandwiches, pancakes, top roman noodles, clean out the freezer time, sell something like old books or movies, tv dinners.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 5:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• This is a whole week menu for $45. I know that's a little more than you have, but you can edit it and add in some ramen noodles (super cheap) and use what you have on hand.  http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/40dollarmenu.htm

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Dried beans and lentils are your new best friend

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• sell things on craigslist! sacrifice sacrifice !! Im in a similiar situation and just sold my old freezer i dont need but i sold it for $80, you can also find payday advance loans online if you have a checking account. Yard sales are good for the weekend is around the corner! and you should split the $40 , $20 for gas and $20 for things like hotdogs,beans,rice,kool aid packages,sugar,oil and potatoes! oh and some eggs. good luck girl : )
    fairybrokenwing

Answer by fairybrokenwing at 12:36 AM on Jun. 17, 2011