Weird but childhood question?

So when i was in high school in childbirth and parenting classes my teacher once told me a way to see if you were pregnant was to pea in a cup and put ur finger in it and taste it now if it taste salty your pregnant and if not then you wern't because hormones were so strong that it caused this has anyone heard this before lol i know it sounds nasty and weird but its a old way of testing so is it true? What do you think?

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 5:09 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've never hear this! Ew! The only thing I can think of why this could be untrue is if you're dehydrated. As most people know, you can easily tell you're hydration level by the color of your urine. The more yellow, the more dehydrated, so I would have to wonder if that would have a factor in the saltiness of it?
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• That's simply disgusting. Who would do that?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Hahaha its so funny but yes thats what the teacher said
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• please tell me this is a joke.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 5:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Gross...and true or not, I would never try it to save $4 on a pregnancy test. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• oh yuck lol i have never heard of this before i think i would rather just wait and pee on a stick rather then taste my own pee lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• First of all even if it is true, you should never consume your own pee. Not only is it totally disgusting but it is very toxic and can make you very sick.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• lol yes its true no joke and u dont swallow hell no lol u just put ur finger on it and lick it and spit it out lol but yes that is gross but thats what she hadd told the class but its an old time way to a pregnancy test
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well Um.....I dont think so. I personally dont want to find out.LOL> I have heard that doctors use to tell teenagers to take first morning pee and was your face with it for acne!
    Mzwest83

Answer by Mzwest83 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2011