I don't know what to do anymore... I feel like I don't have any more patience left

I feel like Im getting angry cause she just wont stop crying/screaming. We don't know whats wrong with her.. We were told its Colic. Gas drops, burping, pooping, held, not held, tummy time, music, rocking, feeding, walking around, sleeps , fights sleeping... nothing seems to work for her anymore... im getting frustrated and I dont want to feel this way.. im a mom I should be able to handle it.. i mean what happens if her issue with CMV and her brain cause her to have serious problems in the future?!?! I cant just say Im frustrated and not handle it.. i need to get my shit together....... UGHHHHH I need a break.. daddy works anywhere from 8am to 8pm to 10am to 8pm so i have her all day and all nite so he can rest for work and do his school work... sometimes i get offers to help but then mommy in me takes her back and handles it..I dont know what to do anymore.. i need a break!

mommyoftristan

Asked by mommyoftristan at 5:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take EVERY one's offer to watch her (well, people you know, of course!) Getting the short break will help you to handle the rest of it. If people stop offering, call them yourself and say you need help. For some reason, us American women think we "should" do it all....but I truly believe it "takes a village". If dad can't help because of his schedule, call other family/friends. Colic/fussiness for whatever reason can (not definitely) last longer than you want it to....so take all the breaks you can and do NOT beat yourself up about it. Hugs to you.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My son was colic and I know you've already had to over come so many things with your little angel and you don't want to feel this way but its hard not to when all you hear is crying crying crying and you know there HAS to be something wrong.. we tried all the drops, the prop ups, the hold styles, the burping during feedings etc.. did you try Gripe water? try everything you do for at LEAST a week and very consistant which was a mistake I made, what about a chiropractor? we took our son there at 4 months and he actually had a pinched never from all the crying and discomfort he was in.. he always fought sleep and still at 3-1/2 does so that is my life long battle with him.. I know its very wearing and I was actually thankful for work days so I imagine you must be feeling 100 times worse.. I don't have much advise but I can be here to vent or support your feelings.,. gl mama
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Truth is all moms have those moments with kids who don't have what your baby does. You have alot to deal with and you need to ask the helper to stay near you with the baby and help that way your motherly instincts can take over when you need but still get some rest and clear your mind. I just had twins and breastfeeding them both not to mention my son's need to be up under me. M husband works up to 16 hours a day . All the help was doing things wrong ang making me have to redo it later . I decided to take the help but only in let me sleep pumped bottles enough for 3 hours of shower nap . I have my babies 6 weeks ago they do not cry alot just at moment of no sleep and I feel I am losing my mind.
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 5:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Thank you ladies... I usually take the help when offered. Right now we live an hour from everyone so I am alone.... when im told to go somewhere its like I dont know where to go. its hard to leave her alone with people.. im hoping that appt next week explains more.. well not hoping but maybe we can find out if its her condition or just her being a baby. I like to relax... sometimes I wanna cry .... i have many nights and shes only been home 7 wks out of 12... lol I love her so much but wow is she testing me.. lol everyone said shes here for a reason.. probably to teach me patience
    mommyoftristan

Comment by mommyoftristan (original poster) at 5:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I love what you said "to teach you patience". That puts a big smile on my face and I'm gonna go figure out what my son has taught me.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If nothing else, take a few hours of help and take a nice relaxing bath and a nap.. sometimes just a few hours to recoup is all us moms need.. try to do it once a week. .I'm not talking overnight, but just a few hours once a week.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I feel your pain my daughter just grew out of it and shes 3 months. I was also with her 24/7 with no help what so ever because fiance had to work and get some sleep....I suggest if it gets to a point where you cant handle it anymore put her in her crib make sure she is safe and walk outside for awhile. Crying will not harm her whil you take a breather
    SarahLynn1985

Answer by SarahLynn1985 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• ok mommy relax! everyone feels liek this form time to time, first off if you feel like you are getting impatient put her safley down and walk away for five minutes, yea shes gonna still cry but shes also picking up on you getting upset which makes things worse.sometimes crying it out with her may sound silly but it helps. talk to her, and not just this baby talk you see on tv but like shes your friend bc that is a release{ shes getting your attention,you are bonding and sometimes it can be soothing to you both plus it can cause a early talker-example my daughter 6 months} also try putting her int eh shower with you-not directly under the water but the steam helps to calm them down my daughter hated baths but loved to get in the shower. talk calmyly to her while she screams, and just raise your voice to sing just a little bit louder so she can hear you and then bring it down, walking with her and bouncing just slightly helped
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 17, 2011