Should I make my husband go have a blood test?

My husband agreed to go have his testosterone tested. He said that it makes him feel like less of a man, but when I explained that I have felt like less of a woman for years now due to his lack of libido, and that I wanted to rule out medical reasons for it before moving on to other solutions, he agreed to go. He is very VERY uncomfortable even talking to me about it and I can tell it really upsets him.

I asked if me making the appointment would help. He said it probably would, but that he still doesn't want to do it.

I'm really worried about him. I worry that if he does have low testosterone that it will cause other health problems. He's only 25, and has had low libido since he was 19. Sometimes so low that we would go a whole month (when we were both flippin teenagers) without sex. He is still totally cool with it being 10 days or 2 weeks, and honestly just doesn't think about sex hardly ever. We usually have sex more often than that, but if it were up to him we wouldn't.

Even though I am worried about his health, I hate to force him to do this. I see how distressed he is talking to me about it and I don't want to hurt him... but I also don't want to allow it to cause health problems if that's what this is, nor do I want to live the rest of my life not ever feeling wanted.

So, even though it makes him incredibly uncomfortable and makes him feel like less of a man... do I call and make this appointment for him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes - do whatever it takes. It's for the health of your marriage as well as his own health. It might embarrass him in the short run, but at least you can take action to fix things if the results are that it is low. You might also find that it is in the normal range - but he might have hangups regarding sex. Think about priests (the ones who DON'T molest anyone and keep to their vows) and monks. They are celebate because they will themselves to be. Your husband might be the same way for some reason.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If I could give him some of my husband's libido I would cuz somedays I just can't keep up lol. But I'd call and make the appointment if you're serious about it.
    Anonymous

• yes because of his age. i would def make the appointment.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i would make the appointment and see what the test says..if it says its normal you could try going to a sex therapist. they can get to the reason behind his low sex drive and come up with solutions..GL Mom!
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011