What, if anything, are you getting your sitter or daycare provider for Christmas?

We have become friends, and I consider her a good one. She likes to cook, she likes clothes.....I got her a cookbook last year.

IDEAS PLEASE!

MizzNicole

Asked by MizzNicole at 10:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Holidays

• As a Day Care Provider....I think that is so sweet to think of her at Christmas. There are many parents out there that don't think of their sitter. Bath and Body Works stuff is always a hit, a candle or something that you think she'd like but wouldn't buy for herself. Really anything you give her give that you've obviously put thought into will be special and much appreciated.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I'm an in-home provider. I LOVE gift cards, with a hand written note or handmade card from the child.

Bath and Body Works is nice, but I know several people that are allergic to certain bath and body products, so even though it's a great thought, it may not always be the best idea...same with Starbucks...most people love it, but some don't. A gift card to some place like Target is always a hit IMO.

Whatever you do, it's nice that you're thinking of her. Many providers get looked over, so we really appreciate it when we're thought of at Christmas. Even a nice card is better than nothing...just to know that we're appreciated!!
    Anonymous

• I will be giving my kids teachers as well as the staff of the baby's daycare a baked treat (not sure what yet). I bake on the side as a way to make money while being home! I'm sure they will love it!
    tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 3:27 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• We give ours cash.............$150 bucks because the kids don't go to her fo 2 weeks, and we use her less in the winter because of my husband's job. We used to do a Bath and Body Works with less money, but now I just do the $. That is what she needs. We love her and are lucky to have had her for 7 years. Heck, maybe $200 this year.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• why not something for the spa like a mini massage or facial something to pamper herself, since she works with kids all day
    Davina07

Answer by Davina07 at 6:33 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I am getting my daughter's sitter a nice scarf and pin, she is an older lady that is a deaconess and she is a sharp lady and she commented on a scarf I had on a couple of weeks ago, so I thought that would be a nice gift for her.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 2:24 PM on Dec. 14, 2008