To the Liberals, Do you support Che Guevara?

I recently went to a teachers union rally and a group of quite a few of the 25-35 year old teachers were wearing Che Guevara  and Obama t shirts. I asked them why Che? They misquoted history and said he rose up against racism. And one of them said "He represents usurping the establishment and revolting against the status quo." I ask the liberals on this site. Do you support Che?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I can't support him, he's dead As a person and a revolutionary, like most radicals, he's a mixed bag. There are some things about him I agree with, and some I don't. Poverty and inequity motivated him.

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 6:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Poverty and inequity motivated him.

What a crock. Guevara was a communist murderer of innocents in his climb to greed and power. That teachers unions proclaim him a hero of the poor is ample evidence that unions in the public sector should be abolished and parents should demand to audit the schools that pretend to teach their children. Our children are being systematically indoctrinated by these Marxist socialist teacher unions that influence the curriculum and intimidate teachers that do not believe in socialism and want to instill our capitalist values and history. Disgusting to read about Che Guevara. He was as much of a monster as Bin Laden but not as smart.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 7:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I too have seen Che t shirts at union rallies.... Complete absurdity.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• annabarred, well said.

He is a good article about him.

http://www.slate.com/id/2107100/
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The fact that the unions admire him so much should speak volumes to their agenda.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Ditto annabarerd answer. Don't ask a Cuban about Che - he is hated by them.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 10:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• going crazyWhat a crock. Guevara was a communist murderer of innocents in his climb to greed and power. That teachers unions proclaim him a hero of the poor is ample evidence that unions in the public sector should be abolished and parents should demand to audit the schools that pretend to teach their children. Our children are being systematically indoctrinated by these Marxist socialist teacher unions that influence the curriculum and intimidate teachers that do not believe in socialism and want to instill our capitalist values and history. Disgusting to read about Che Guevara. He was as much of a monster as Bin Laden but not as smart. >>>>

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Paul Berman is a uber conservative hack
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Only in "Evita." I enjoyed Antonio Banderas in the role. (I also liked him as Zorro.... Banderas, that is.)

Answer by gdiamante at 10:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Some do the morons
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2011