Has anyone ever had to live far away from their hubby?

I am. For 7 months. He's overseas and I'm here with in-laws. Trying to save for a house.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Travel

• Yep.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I do most of the time! My DH works 13 hours away in another state he comes home once a month for 5 days but this strech will be 5 weeks! It sucks and I hate it he works in the oil field ! But wow 7 months that would be horrible! Hopefully it will fly by for you!
    cwgrlmamma

Answer by cwgrlmamma at 5:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yes---a year while he was in Thailand, another year while he was in Iceland----he was an Air Force Officer ,on flying status. And many other times when he would be away for several weeks.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• bump

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• We lived in different states due to financial reasons for 3 months. It was hell. We'll never do that again.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Currently, my husband is 2 states away from me but it is only a short stretch. Last summer he lived across country for around 4 months, and we have a (now) 2 year old and at the time I was pregnant. I was actually sleeping on someones couch the whole time. It was hell, but you can get through it!
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 7:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes, a couple of states away for many months.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:14 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• I did when we were wanting to move from Bakersfield to the coast. He got a job & was sleeping on a couch for two months while I took care of a four year old and a newborn. I had postpartum and it was the worst, most lonely time ever. But it was worth it because we're here now and out of that sh!thole ; )  Hang in there!!

805doll

Answer by 805doll at 6:18 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• Oh yeah. During his 30 yrs in the Navy I spent 6 differently deplyments alone, or alone raising kids. Shortest was 6 months. The longest was 18 months.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:38 PM on Jun. 21, 2011