My 3 year old won't use the potty!! HELP!

I don't know what to do! I bought a potty and a toilet ring. He in pull ups now but no matter what I do he doesn't want to do anything different. I even bought an Elmo potty dvd! All my family is coming down on me about this and says he is too old and I am not doing anything about it. I have a few real underwear for him do you think I should try making him wear the real ones instead? Any ideas would be great!

Now he will only pee in the potty one time a day that is the most I can get him to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't pressure him. I had the same problem with my 3 year old. she would not go potty and I felt like everyone was looking at me and judging. I talked to her Doc. about it and she told me it's worse to pressure them. He'll go when he's ready. It wasn't till time my daughter was a little over 3 1/2 and she goes potty now. It was just all of a sudden in one day she decided she wanted to go potty. now it's working on BM. she's still having problems with that. but I would just say he'll go when he's ready, tell the friends and family every child is different. also she was my potty buddy. she always came in with me, so she saw what i was doing. and i would always ask her if she wnted to go. she'd say no but one day she said yes. best think I can say is don't pressure.
    eyelove2dance

Answer by eyelove2dance at 12:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• You could always try to make it a game. A lot of people use the cheerio method where they put some cheerios in the toilet and have the boy aim for them to see how many they can get. With my daughter we put her in real panties and made a game out of it to see if she could keep them dry. We never even bought one pull up.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am completely lost with this too. I posted up the same question, and i tried everything offered. But he has NO interest. He doesn't like the cheerio game or anything. He will be 3 next month. So if you find anything new please let me know too!
    sillymumof2

Answer by sillymumof2 at 8:52 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have a girl.. My ex friend use to let her kid pee outside on a tree i know thats weird.. we used to live out in the boondocks and she was really redneck but he learned at 2 and then once he peed outside he peed in the toilet easy.. my daugter (i was blessed) hates to be wet on her undies but we went from diapers to undies.. and she had accidents but she learned she hated to be drenshed in pee the only time she wore a diaper was to bed or when we went to the store.. other then that we hid the diapers.. she learned to pee in the potty a little before 2 good luck
    Madilous08

Answer by Madilous08 at 10:12 AM on Jun. 17, 2011