Does anyone have constant allergies?

I am contantly having allergies. Watery eyes itchy dry nose and itchy throat. If I take allergy medicine it makes me drowsy. Is their a natural remedy for allergies

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 5:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• Have you ever tried using local bee pollen? I started using it a few months ago, and it has made SUCH a huge difference for me. Find a local bee keeper (farmer's markets are fabulous for this) that does it, and add it to things like smoothies, oatmeal, salads, etc. Use about 1 TBSP for each serving.

Here's a website with great information http://www.bee-pollen-buzz.com/bee-pollen-for-allergies.html Ignore the ads, get local stuff if it's at ALL possible.  I hope this helps!!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• is that a powder you can sprinkle on foods or smoothies.
    janeq123

Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Mine are bad June, July after that they are mild. But this year I've been having more problems with lungs chest tightness especially at night. It's driving me bananas and I'm so exhausted.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 5:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Me too MarGeee
    janeq123

Comment by janeq123 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Margee, that could be asthma.

OP: You can try a Netti pot or saline nose rinse. That seems to help me. I live on Zyrtec D for about 10 months out of the year. My doctor gives me 12 refills of Zyrtec D a year because the insurance covers it and it's cheaper for me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 16, 2011