When did you return back to work after delivering you child or children?

I had twins so I get 3 months off for my leave which is great since I am breastfeeding this is with pay . I can take up to a year without pay if I want to stay home til they are one. Yet in this economy I think I am going to have to return to keep us above water and out of debt.

When did and how did you all decide when it was time to go back?

karing4elmas

Asked by karing4elmas at 5:35 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in General Parenting

• i think it was almost 12weeks.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• oh im sorry i didn;t read the rest of the question. i had no choice in the matter. i had no choice but to go back to work.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I have a choice, my husband makes enough so that I don't have to work but the truth is I enjoy my work. I own my business though technically I could easily assign my duties to someone else and still bring in a check as owner but like I said I enjoy my work. Most of my work can be done from home anyway and I've technically never had maternity leave - I was always back in my home office while my children took naps. I have a son who is nearly two weeks old and I started getting back into my work a couple days ago and that's the longest I've ever gone without working after each of my kids were born.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 5:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• When I had my oldest the mat leave was 6 months, but I didn't go back to work until he was almost 3. By the time I had my second, the gov't had increased mat leave to a year, so with stopping work at 8 months pregnant I went back to work when he was 11 months. With my third I had the year off and then it was summer so I didn't go back to work (in a school) until he was 15 months.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It was 42 days with my first one and 43 days with my 2nd. I was in the military.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 6:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• 6 weeks after. i needed the money otherwise i would of love to take a year
    spidermonkey090

Answer by spidermonkey090 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Wow that's great that you are stil lgetting paid!! I had dd without insurance and I had just started a new job when I found out I was pregnant so I didn't get any benefits. I had to take FMLA leave and offically give up my full time spot for a part time spot. When I talked to my boss about going back my boss told me she only had 15 hrs a week I could work and they were all midnights, so I just quit. At 4 1/2 weeks I ended up having to go to work in a pizza place.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• 8 weeks
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 11:58 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I went back 6 weeks after my DS was born. We depend on two incomes, so it was necessary to go back.
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 12:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• With my 1st I had 6 wks (unpaid) off work, the 2nd was 8 wks (unpaid) off work and the 3rd I had 2 wks (unpaid) off work-- all 3 were c-sections
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:55 AM on Jun. 17, 2011