Water pills

I know I was told NO when I was pregnant.. but I have lymphedema.. and really the swelling is so bad my skin is starting to rip.. I have pitting edema on my lower stomach and my arms and legs are both swollen to the point where it looks like I have no wrist or ankles..

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 5:55 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• I feel for you. I take a water pill that was prescribed by my doctor for my edema. Have you asked your doctor for a prescription?
    Anonymous

• You need to see your Doctor ! That sounds bad. You might be having some complications that your Doctor would need to reat! Particularly the skin splitting---I have never heard of that and I would be scared if were you! Call your Doctor! Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• The OB was more concerned about my heart condition and keeping her alive than the swelling.. I kept asking and kept asking cause it is severely painful and they just kept brushing it off..
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• You definitely need to ge in to see your doc. Have they figured out the cause of the lymphedema? They might need to refer you to a specialist (cardiologist? Internist? Not sure what it would be, but I'm thinking something vascular...). Make an appointment sooner than later. I'm sure you're already on a low-sodium diet, but if not, that may make SOME difference until you can get in.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I was on a low sodium diet till I kept blacking out cause my heart meds need the sodium to function.. when I don't eat enough I black out. But yeah the cause of my lymphedema is I had a c section in 2007 but wasn't fully numb.. so arched off the table fell to the floor.. me doing that caused the person cutting me open to nick a lymph node thus causing an infection in them and I have had lymphedema since.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 2:12 AM on Jun. 18, 2011