Potassium/low salt

I would love anyone that has some good healthy recipes that contain lots of potassium,but low in sodium. I'm not having any luck on the internet things keep showing up having a high sodium content. I need to get my blood pressure under control and my doctor said to avoid foods high in sodium and get more potassium because it kills high blood pressure. Hope you ladies have a healthy and happy day!

MarGeee

Asked by MarGeee at 5:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• I have the same problem. I looked on Amazon and found a low-salt cookbook and sent for it.Also, there is the DASH diet and if you Google that, there might be some recipes you like.
    Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I eat just 1 banana/ day and my potassium has improved. It needs no prep/ no recipes. And baked potato or sweet potato....I'm not that fond of sweet potato, but a baked potato "stuffed" with anything...brocolli, or chili, or anything (anything that you can make low salt!) Good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• anything with bananas should help you
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011