Kucinich gives Bush credit.....

For coming to Congress for Iraq war authorization. He is slamming Obama for not doing the same with Libya.

Criticizing Obama, Kucinich credits Bush for asking Congress to go to war

By Bob Cusack - 06/16/11 08:04 AM ET

Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) on Thursday ripped President Obama while giving credit to former President George W. Bush for asking Congress to authorize the war in Iraq.

The anti-war Democrat, criticizing Obama's handling of the conflict in Libya, noted that Bush formally consulted Congress on the Iraq war in 2002.

"President Bush came to Congress ... President Obama doesn't feel like he needs to come to Congress," Kucinich said during an interview on C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" program. Kucinich pointed out he was strongly opposed to the Iraq war.

Along with other lawmakers, Kucinich this week filed a lawsuit against the Obama administration on the Libyan conflict, claiming the president violated the law by not securing congressional approval.

The White House has claimed it has complied with the Constitution and the War Powers Act.

Kucinich said U.S. drone attacks in foreign lands are akin to war. Citing the attack on Pearl Harbor, Kucinich said that if a bomb dropped on the U.S., it would be labeled a war. He added the U.S. needs to significantly change its foreign policy, saying, "We can't be global cop."

The Ohio Democrat also said he will not run for president in 2012, adding he hopes to stay in the House. Redistricting could cause Kucinich to leave Ohio and seek a House seat in Washington state.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/166789-criticizing-obama-kucinich-credits-bush-for-asking-congress-to-go-war

Do you agree with him? I never thought I would, but I have to give him a thumbs up with this one.

Thoughts?

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 6:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I appreciate that he's consistent, and not just anti-war when the other party is in the white house.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 6:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I do agree that it is time to consult congress
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with him..it is time for congressional approval. I also agree that the drone attacks are akin to war. Policy needs to adapt to modern warfare imho.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 7:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• "President Bush came to Congress ... President Obama doesn't feel like he needs to come to Congress," Kucinich said"...

I totally agree, Obama thinks he is the highest authority, protocol is not applicable to him...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 7:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Interesting.... As long as I have 'known' of Kucinich, I can say he has not pandered or played political games.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I believe in Obama's mind...he's more the Dictator type and rules do not apply to him. He's above all that. It's getting so old.
    (just came across this post).
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 7:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Those who voted O in just threw miracle grow on an already over-inflated head.Of course he thinks he is king.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2011