Rash by gential area but is no a diaper rash it also has white small pockets with it

He just got this rash about 2 days ago, I thought is was diaper rash but as time went on the diaper rash cream wa as not helping it. We took him to the dr. and he said it was a staff infection. Does anyone know how and why they get that down there?? He has a step brother that had (mersia) would that give it to him also??

nana0128

Asked by nana0128 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sounds like a yeast infection, not a staph infection
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Thats what I thought, but we took him to the dr and he said No it wasnt. I was just wondering if another child that has had mersia can give it to him. Would you know??
    nana0128

Comment by nana0128 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Did he give you antibiotics? My daughter gets resistant staph. It's on everyones skin. It can spread as well. If he said it's staph I wouldn't play around. It gets bad! YES if a child has MRSA they can share. He probably had diaper rash and it developed MRSA because it was an opening in the skin.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Yes he did give us an antibiotic, but you answered my question about the mrsa. Yes he did have a small patch of diaper rash in the beinning then a day later it was this. It really freaked my daughter out this is her first child and this is my first grand baby and my girls never had this so I was learning right along with her.
    nana0128

Comment by nana0128 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I keep her staph abrasions covered when they are weeping so they don't spread.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• His is right in the crease of his leg and spreading onto his left leg. His diaper rubs on it, but the dr did not say anything about any of that. He (Drayton) my grand baby does not seem like it bothers him. It just really looks like it could hurt. His nic name for him is Bugz so if I refer to him as that you will know who Im talking about lol
    nana0128

Comment by nana0128 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Only if it's oozing fluid do you have to cover it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• no oozing fluid just looks like it hurts but bugz doesnt seen like it does
    nana0128

Comment by nana0128 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Jun. 16, 2011