Can anyone tell me how much pain is involved in a knee arthroscope procedure?

I have inflamation in my knee, popping, grinding, and something about my knee cap.So the dr. is going to do that procedure and I'm panicing. Yea I know I probably shouldn't but I can't help it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Health

• I had arthoscopic surgery on my shoulder and was told that I would be in a ton of pain and I had very little, it hurt more to do physical therapy. It all depends on the person and what they try to do. I followed doctors care instructions after the surgery and it went well. Ice was my friend, as was rest. I moved my arm as much as the doctor would allow to keep it from going completely stiff. Starting PT 4 days after surgery really helped too. I am 4 weeks post surgery and have met all my PT goals except strength. That is starting next week.

My unlce had the surgery you did and he said the pain wasn't bad as long as he didn't become stubborn and do too much or things he was told not to do.

Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011