Dreading this weekend...

When we go see my family we are there a few hours tops and then we have to come home, he gets bored.

Well this weekend, there is a grad party for his cousin at his uncles house. He tells me we are going. Okay, whatever. When we are there, he had a car he is restoring worked on, so we have to pick it up.

He was on the phone with the guy today and I hear him say we can pick it up Saturday morning or Sunday morning... Hmmm What's going on?

So I ask and he says we are staying the night there... Mind you I have kids and I've only ever met his aunt and uncle one time. I am not about to stay the night there. It's an hour and a half drive home. When we see my family, it's an hour and fifteen minutes and we can only stay a few hours.

I am not looking forward to this trip. I suggested that since we were picking up the other car, I could leave early, but he said he needs me to follow him home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Ohhh, yes, that would annoy me, too! Why does he have to go THIS weekend? Can you talk him out of it? I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to go, either. I'm sorry:(
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• go ahead and speak up... you deserve to see your dad and spend some time together... you go girl
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 7:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Do you not want to stay because you have only met them once? Or because you don't like them? He kinda should have talked to you about this whole thing first, staying the night and all. That was rude of him.
    When our first son was about 6 months old, my MIL, hubby, our baby and I all took a very long trip from NC up to Conn. I hadn't met anyone from his family except his mom, dad and brothers. And didn't know them that well, I hadn't known my hubby but 2 1/2 months when we got married! But off we went. We stayed, I guess a week or so. This was 15 years ago. I really enjoyed it, minus staying at his one aunts house. She lived in downtown New Haven. I was so damned scared. The bedroom door had no door knob, and her son was kinda creepy. We stuffed socks in the hole. Anyhow, I really liked everyone. They all accepted me right away, and were so excited to meet me.
    Try to be positive. Maybe it won't be so bad, it's just one night.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• They are in their 60's. No little kids around and my kids are young and a bit naughty.
    They are very churchy and we are not.
    He acts differently around them, from what I've seen on the one 6 hour visit we had.
    I really just don't feel comfortable staying the night in their house when I don't know them.
    Not to mention my dad is in town this weekend and it annoys me a little that we must spend the entire time there and I won't get to see my dad, who lives 10 hours away.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Because of the graduation party and the car has been done a week but work has gotten in the way of getting it. I am seriously working up the courage to tell him I am not going. That I will drive him there, stay at the grad party for a few hours, and then the kids and I are leaving. He can drive himself home the next day and if he is that worried about it, maybe the grad can follow him home?!
    I'm going to try to say that...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:18 PM on Jun. 16, 2011