Sharp pain in tailbone area, early pregnancy?

I'm close to 9 weeks along in my first pregnancy & I've been having these sharp pains on the left side of my tail bone. It's not constant, but it hurts when I bend over or move the wrong way. I thought I had slept weird or something but it's been hurting for about 2 weeks. But I figured it was to early in my pregnancy for that to be causing it.

Any one else ever experienced anything like this?

TaraRichelle

Asked by TaraRichelle at 6:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Indeed. I noticed it around week 7. And it's funny you mention that, because it just kinda... stopped and I never realized it until now. So I can't even really tell you when it stopped!
    itsmommalori

Answer by itsmommalori at 7:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It could be a sciatic nerve, just a pinched nereve,they are no fun I had it but I was alot futher along.It felt like when you wist your foot or hand & walk or move the wrong way , thats what it kinda felt simlar to.
    IloveJesus316

Answer by IloveJesus316 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• ugh I had a pain like that from about like week 7 - week 12 horrible pain!! Its probably the sciatic nerve being pinched. hope you feel better soon!!
    Rampy510

Answer by Rampy510 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2011