Do any of you moms ever regret having a tubal ligation?

Lately I have been thinking that maybe I did not make the right choice:-(

babygirl0782

Asked by babygirl0782 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Regrets, hell no!

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• NO! Best choice I ever made!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• If you are young I don't think it is the right choice, you never know what life has in store for you but I had mine at 40 when I had my last son.

Answer by older at 6:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• lol@ older! Maybe its just hormones that got me feeling like this.
    babygirl0782

Comment by babygirl0782 (original poster) at 6:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Nope, had mine when I was 28 years old. I have 2 boys and I knew I was done.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 6:59 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I regretted mine before it was even done. But didn't have all that many options. I'm convinced it saved my life, but I knew I wasn't done having children.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:01 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I would LOVE to have a baby with my DH, but I already had three so had it done after the third one was born.
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 7:43 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• My husband had his vasectomy the day after our youngest son was born, right after we turned 26. Then a couple of years later I had an ablation to destroy the inside of my uterus. Now neither of us could make more children, and honestly it's a relief to me to never have to worry about getting pregnant. We knew we only wanted two and I'm so glad to be done and past the pregnancy/baby/toddler years. Things are more fun now.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• After the my son was born I had the appointment to have it done. Then I meet a great guy but we werent even engaged yet. We talked and decided to go through with it. But some days I wished I didn't but other days I'm glad because I'll still be young enough to go and do stuff with my spouse.
    AJMcGuire

Answer by AJMcGuire at 10:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I had one and regretted it at first and still sometimes. I divorced my husband a few years after having the tubal. I thought that what would happen if i wanted to have a baby with someone else. I dont have that chance. I am with a great guy now and I dont want anymore children and neither does he. I have had issues after having the tubal that required more surgery that is now my only regret. I think it is the best decision i have ever made other wise i would have had more children and i cant afford more.
    I have 3 and that is plenty.
    sammy3

Answer by sammy3 at 7:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2011