what week of pregnancy should you start feeling fluttering I am 17weeks5days and i hardly feel it this is my fifth pregnancy Iam high risk and I am always worried

I was feeling alittle fluttering inmy first trimester now that I am in my secound trimester I am hardly feeling them anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• each person is different with a first child it is 20-25 weeks.Second baby 15-20weeks.However as the muscles stretch due to multiple pregnancies sometimes you feel it later.Also your baby could be smaller then prior babies or just less active.With my 1st I felt him around 20 weeks and he moved hard and 24/7.With my second she like never moved and when she did even till the end I hardly felt it
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 10:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• There are a lot of reasons not to feel it yet at 17 weeks. Feeling anything in your first trimester I think may have been more wishful thinking, that would be extremely early. My doctor said with subsequent full-term pregnancies you usually feel it by 20 weeks, but everyone is different. If you are a little heavier you tend to feel it later. Also, if the placenta is on the front part of your uterus, which is unusual but fine, you might not really feel anything because the baby is kicking the placenta instead of your uterine wall. (Answer too long, will continue...)
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 10:55 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I gather that this is not your fifth full term pergnancy, so things can be a little different in that situation. My first was not a full term, but my second was and the third is doing great (2 months to go.) If you have not had a pregnancy last up to 20 weeks thus far, you would still be more likely to feel the baby between 20-25 weeks as someone previously had said. If you are truely concerned, you can rent a fetal monitor to listen to the heart beat when you are worried. That should set your mind at ease.
    supershlea

• i was about 18 weeks but preg with twins
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 12:07 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I felt the first kicks at 20 weeks. I was worried too because everyone I talked to felt them before then. But little did I know the weird feelings (didn't feel like kicks to me) that I had been feeling for a few weeks WERE kicks :) lol so just pay attention & don't worry :)
    CaydensMama505

Answer by CaydensMama505 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 16, 2008