My children whine/cry ALL the time...How can I stop it?

I have a three year old and 23-month-old twins (all boys) and it seems as though when I am with them the cry or whine all the time. They hang all over me and constantly want me to hold them or comfort them. My grandmother keeps them about once a week and their dad is home with them quite a bit and both report that the kids only act like this when I am around. It's starting to make me a little nuts and find myself having to sit and hold one or more all the time just to (sorry) shut them up! There is not a peaceful moment for me. What can I do before I go crazy??

erikadawnn

Asked by erikadawnn at 10:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe you're giving them TOO much attention, so when you don't for a few minutes they whine and cry. Just start telling them no, and let them cry. They're at the age they'll figure itout.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• They do it because it gets them what they want. Change your response and they'll stop doing it.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 11:09 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you know that song thank heaven for little girls?? Its sooooo true lol. I have a 6 year old girl and 3 year old boy and a 1 yr old boy and those boys are the biggest whiners in the world all the do is whine and cry all the time about anything and everything.... Little girls "well most' are pretty mellow and just go with the flow but boys are really really different...I have tried the saying no and letting them cry and they fallow me around and scream even louder!! It very frusterating and very very nerve racking and sometimes i just wanna pull my hair out!! But Iv learned to just walk outside for a min or 2 and get the mail or whatever just leave and take a deep breath and then go in and take care of it cause I guess thats all you can do!! Also I have people tell me that they act totally different when im not around!!! I guess they just know how to push mommys buttons!!! Good luck!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 11:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Oh if it were that easy. I have two boys 3 and 2 and it is the same for me, and my SIL had two girls 22 months apart and I swear every time we were over there someone was always screaching..made me nuts. It is a mom thing and they will always act worse for you...you are the mommy. I have however been really trying to crack down on them...leting them know that is unacceptable and that whinning is not going to get them what they want...mine wake up really crabby too especially the two yr old..it is better with the 3yr old now days. I think the first 5 yrs are just really rough.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• if you find the answer let me know for sure...everyone says my three year old boy is an angel with them but the minute he is with me he crys and crys, I understand your pain i wish i had an answer.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:23 AM on Dec. 12, 2008