How do you get rid of hickups?

My baby has had really bad hiccups for almost 2 hrs straight. Now she is starting to cry between them. What can I do???

kesp

Asked by kesp at 7:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• personally with my 3 mo DD I just give her a few gulps of her bottle and that seems to do the trick most of the time. there's really only been a couple of times where it didn't work, but I always give it a try. it normally works to stop them tho.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 7:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• give her gripe water if you have it at home. If it's time for feeding you can give her a bottle it'll go away, at least it works for my son. I usually spoon feed my son some water and he's fine.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• i was also told to put a peppermint in a luke warm water bottle....it sometimes worked with my daughter when she was younger
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 1:47 AM on Jun. 17, 2011