Old dog, New trick?

Do you think an old dog (hubby) can learn a new trick or should I just give it up?

We've been together four years and never once has he told me I am beautiful. Uses other words, sexy, hot, etc. I've expressed to him that it bothers me. Nothing yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Sex and hot are not degrading when coming from your husband but beautiful is nice too :) I'm sure he thinks you are :)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I am sure that he could learn a new trick, but maybe you have to make the reward worth it.

If I were you, I think I woud be pretty happy that he was calling me hot and sexy! That would make me pretty happy right about now...
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I'm not really sure how to reward something like that. Or how to show him he would be rewarded when he has never said it. Sexy and hot really annoy me. They are words I would rather not hear at all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with dwmom2008. figure out what would get him to want to say something like buying a new outfit or something that draws his attention more than usual. use your imagination. surprise him and he may surprise you. however you go about it you want his actions or expressions to be genuine; not something to be forced.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Sexy and hot are degrading..... I would rather be called beautiful, which I am on a regular basis.
    Anonymous

• Exactly how I feel about it Anonymous. Sexy and hot are things I expected to hear from him in our initial dating phase... Not now, four years later...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Look, I think that ti is sexy that my husband works so damn hard for our family every day and comes home dirty and tired. To me, being faithful and a hard worker is sexy! And I am sure that there is something about you that your husband finds sexy. But, if he is using it to be degrading, that's a whole 'nother thang!

Try a reward jar, like a curse jar in reverse, and fill it with slips of paper that are rewards for him. Every time he calls you beautiful, he can pull a reward out of the jar... It's just an idea. I made one for my husband when we were broke on his 35th birthday. He still uses it. Of course, his was for doing things for me that I asked without saying, "in a minute" which drove me nuts!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Why do those words bother you? or am I not understanding the question? And did he ever say beautiful to you b4 you married or is this a new thing? It's just an adjective... others work just as well in my opinion
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2011