Who is really sick and tired of these bailouts?

I am tired of the government without my permission giving my money to anyone they choose. I'm sick of it and i will do anything I can to make sure my representatives know it! What about you?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:07 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sick of it as well and now everybody seems to have jumped on the bandwagon. Enough is enough!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• we NEED manufacturing.
    we NEED those jobs.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:23 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Unions are SUCKING those companies dry. Even if they get bailed out if they keep themselves union the will STILL be in debt!
    Anonymous

• The stupid congress doesn't even listen to its people, I'm convinced politicians are just unethical robots lol
    Anonymous

• The unions need to be shut down. But autodidact is right, those companies represent thousands and thousands of jobs. Do you really want that many people to be screwed??? That many more people on welfare??? It may suck looking at it from your point of view, but try looking at it from the thousands of employees who's jobs are at risk?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:45 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• If the UAW and the EXEC's thought we truly NEEDED those jobs and manufactoring, then THEY should have made more concessions.
    Anonymous

• Why aren't they filing for Ch 11 protection and getting restructured? That is what I think should happen. The Union and the Exec have way too much control on a faulty business model. They shouldn't be allowed to continue with their antequated business ideals.
    Ch 11 protection would allow the vendors to get paid, would keep production going.
    Why don't they?
    IMO, they DON'T because that would mean HUGE sacrifices the Union and Execs would have to make and neither want to. So it is being played out as this desperate situation and for some reason Ch 11 protection isn't an option? Don't get me wrong, this is serious, but why glance over Ch 11 protection?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:16 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• GM President Frederick "Fritz" Henderson said bankruptcy is not a viable option and the company is focusing solely on securing help from Washington. "There is not a Plan B," he said.

Who the "F" runs a business with NO PLAN B????????????????????

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The problem is that when Obama gets into office he will do whatever he can to help the unions, after all, they helped him. It's a back-scratcher's world. That's why the UAW isn't willing to make concessions. They figure if they don't get it now, they will in a little over a month. Hopefully our elected officials will keep listening to us.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:25 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The Auto Industry needs the bailouts. There are tons of jobs around the US that heavely depend on the Industry. The government can lend the auto companies money or pay out billions in unemployment for all the jobs that rely on the big 3. I agree w/ the union coments above!
    shannonH12

Answer by shannonH12 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 12, 2008