What do you do when your family gets on your nerves?

It doesnt happen to me a lot anymore,but it used to .sometimes i dont get along w my uncle anymore. really long story.i just dont want to be around him,cause of stuff he does thats bad for his health and he treats my aunt wrong.talking to him is out of the question cuz he drinks a lot and acts stupid when he does.

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 7:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Relationships

• Do you have a girlfriend/therapist?

Not a real therapist, but someone who will listen to you so you can work out your own problems in your mind through talking and maybe help you find reason now and then. I have my best girlfriend I talk to about everything and we always support one another with our current problems with active listening. I found an article a long while ago in the local newspaper that had two old women fishing who were in there 80s and they have been doing that once a week for over 60 years. They called it girlfriend therapy. They were both very healthy, happy women which was sort of the point of the article.

I found that when I was 21 and now I am 28 and have done the same weekly coffee ritual with my girlfriend. I look so forward to it every week.
    Gingerwheel

Answer by Gingerwheel at 7:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I just stay away, I don't like drama.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 7:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thanks thats pretty much what i do, i just dont like it a lot cause my little cousins live w them and dont get to see them as much.but im w u on that i dont like drama either.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thanks gingerwheel actually i have to see a dr because of medicines im on and he helps me w a lot of other stuff as well,but as far as family goes i am really close w my cousin and she helps me a lot. :) it is nice to have one or two friends u can share stuff like that w and it helps the mind, i just know it never hurts to ask for advice. :) thanks.i also have a great friend that lives in another town and have made a recent new friend who is really sweet. :) the meds i take are for anxiety and seizures.
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011