How can u train a dog who isnt a puppy anymore?

my dog salem is part rot rieler and lab, inside he was really calm,but we moved and now he is outside, i want to be able to get him to calm down some and teach him some new tricks like sit stay not anything to complicated just the basics hes about four months old now i think and is getting bigger everyday .thanks in advance.

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 7:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pets

• Take him to puppy class. It will teach you how to teach your dog obedience, and get him socialized. At this point its very important that he is socialized; especially considering his breeding. Btw, moving him to outside only is not a good idea. Dogs who live their lives outside are less likely to be well socialized, develop behavior problems and are just not very happy. Dogs are social animals. They need more human interaction then once or twice a day.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Consistency.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Salemwitchchild said it nicely but I agree 100 % Dogs left outside tend to be forgotten as they get older .... second.... He is still a Puppy..... with the breed you have socializing is vital ( I own pitts, so I am familiar) ... you seriously need to take him to puppy classes if you dont know how to train him... if you dont you will have a big out of control dog that you will dump at the shelter or leave outside forgotten.... He is out of control outside more than likely because he is lacking attention and stimulation...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 3:03 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• thanks for the tips ladies. i appreciate them.i delted my other answer, i wasnt trying to sound rude,but it might of looked rude,today has been literally one of those days for me. dont u love costomer service? LOL
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2011