How can i go back to college?

hi, im 29 and i want to go back to college, there is a community college nearby that im thinking about checking out,but when we ask for financial aid they think dh makes to much money and when bills are paid there isnt.any tips im gonna apply for fafsa soon.

luckygirl2000

Asked by luckygirl2000 at 7:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Money & Work

• Try an online University-- I've earned both my degrees online and it's been great. Less money, and it's a lot  easier on the gas. Just make sure to find a university that is regionally accredited. However-- I really wouldn't recommend University of Phoenix. They made a lot of changes a few years ago and many students have had problems since then (myself included). National American University is one ive had a great experience with, but there are others out there just as good- depending on what you want to study. You'll want to file for federal loans instad of personal because the % rates better and they have defferment plans. You may even qualify for a Pell grant which helps a lot!

Good luck!

mamma_nita

Answer by mamma_nita at 7:29 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• All you can do is fill out the paperwork and see what you qualify for. I've qualified mostly for loans. Not too much in grant money. Luckily now I can use my dh's GI bill.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Fill out FAFSA online and wait for the results. That's what I did and it doesn't take long. It will be worth it in the long run.
    marybeth927

Answer by marybeth927 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thanks
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Complete FAFSA no matter what. You may never know what you qualify for. Check to see if they have a re-entry program for those with families or coming back to college at the community college. look at fastweb
    M4LG5

Answer by M4LG5 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• thanks for the tips and warnings ill remember both.:)
    luckygirl2000

Comment by luckygirl2000 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2011