Any breastfeeding mothers who plan to nurse up to 12 months?

I was wondering if you pump when you go on outings? Haha this has been tricky for me, since I stay home I just breastfeed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am actually shooting for 2 yrs.. fingers crossed. (prob wont be "nursing" that long..will prob ep as she gets older)
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 7:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• 12 months has come and gone...lol...as they get older, I usually just nurse at home.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Me too I nurse a lot at home, and at church, I also nurse in my car most of the times. Once at Mcdonalds with my 1st. And at walmart at the time. But now I find it much easier just to do it at home LOl. Or car when I am out. I get looks but it's natural! I plan to nurse up to 13 to 14 months actually I did with my oldest. My oldest is super intelligent! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I planned on it, but got pregnant again at when our son was 6 mos, and he didn't like the taste of my pregnant milk, so he weaned himself. I think my production cut down as well from the pregnancy, because even when I tried pumping it didn't stick.
    I was scared of the pump at first, honestly, lol:) I always just fed him under a little blanket when we went anywhere, or if it was hot I went into another room for privacy. I'm not a boob flasher :) I started pumping every night in the middle of the night to build up a "just in case" supply, and that was when I made the most milk, so I felt the most comfortable pumping then and not worrying my son would want a feeding and I wouldn't have any for him because I pumped. It was always more comfortable to me to just feed him without having to store milk, heat it, and try to get him to eat whatever amount. But whatever makes you comfortable is what is right for you :) Good luck!! :)
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Thank you I am more then comfortable nursing in public all though I still have certain places I don't like to as much or around huge crowds .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Planned 12... went 26... only pumped during year one for when I was at work. If I was present, I nursed. Toddlers tend to be less interested in nursing when out and about.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011