Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think my dog ate a wild mushroom?

Not positive, but when i went to feed our two dogs roughly 2hours ago the one refused to eat. Needless to say this NEVER happens. She is always sooo excited to eat, anything and i think that's the problem. Anyway she seems pretty lethargic. Dh and i found this huge cluster of pale orange mushrooms? behind a stump in our yard. I put the question mark because it/they weren't really shaped like mushrooms it more looked like an open head of cabbage or something. It also looked like some of the top layer was missing or bitten off. I found no evidence of vomitting or diarrhea in the yard. I also found no feces with any pieces of the plant in question in them. So as of now she is just pretty lethargic and didn't want to eat her dinner, but is still herself in all other aspects. So do you all think she ate some of it? Should i just keep an eye on her or take her to the vet in the am anyway? Should i wait and see if she eats her breakfast before bringing her? As of now she is NOT vomitting and IS still drinking water. I even got her to eat one of those "Tums" for dogs. Oh and i live in south jersey, so if anyone has any idea what the hell that thing was i'd like to know. Dh and i kept a piece in case she should go to the vet, but we destroyed the rest of the "plant"

Answer Question
 
Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Pets

Level 14 (1,450 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Take her to the vet to be sure. let me know.
    dancer

    Answer by dancer at 8:23 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • I sure hope you took her to the vet by now. I hope she will be okay.
    CollinBayleeMom

    Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

  • So how is your dog?
    homeschoolin432

    Answer by homeschoolin432 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.