Moving 2 states away, and I need advice!?

I have 2 young ones, my son just recently turned 2 years old and my daughter is about 5 months. My husband recently found out his father is very ill, and so he has decided to take over the family business. The only catch is, the business is in Montana and we currently live in Washington. My husband left last Sunday, to sort things out and get us a house and the kids and I leave at the end of this month. Does anyone have any tips on how to have a successful move with the kids? I know it is going to be a lot of stress on all of us, and I just want to be able to make it a little easier on the little ones. Thanks everyone.

mamabaier

Asked by mamabaier at 7:19 PM on Jun. 16, 2011 in Travel

• As you pack, mark the boxes. That's a huge help for when you get there. But yes, it will take twice as long to pack everything if you don't have someone to watch the kids. Good luck!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:25 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Mark the boxes of items you will need immediately at the new place (e.g., kitchen, change of clothes) ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:13 PM on Jun. 21, 2011

• make sure you mark what is in each and every box; and list items if needed so you don't get confused--we just moved and I labeled every box as far as bedroom--what contents(like bedsheets, pillows, blankets, etc); bathroom--what contents(like towels, personal hygiene items, etc); kitchen--what contents(like coffeemaker, toaster, plates, glasses,etc) etc so that when we got into the new place we would know what was in each box
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011